How do you use Facebook?

I'm sure we have all been there, scrolling through the pictures of what seemingly is the perfect family from the perfect girl from high school.

I admit it, that was me. Not the perfect girl but the longing girl. Comparing my closed door cluttered closets to her polished party portraits.

What about keeping up with family or friends solely through Facebook? Yep, me again.

To say I was sucked into Facebook is an understatement. Shamefully, I have updated Facebook before caring to update my parents on life. It is easy and relationships are shallow.

While Facebook is great at keeping distant family members up to date, it isn't good at building relationships between siblings. To say I have a relationship with any of my three brothers is merely saying I am genetically related to them. I truly long for that which is why they are no longer "Facebook friends". I want to be real life friends. That only happens with real interaction.

As I stated in my previous post, once we make the move to Georgia, all local Facebook friends will be unfriended in hopes that in person interaction will ensue. Already done. 398 "friends" down to 133. Let's see how many of those now local really want to be apart of our life outside technology.

I venture to say I am not the only one that has struggled with technology impacting relationship. So how do you balance technology in your life?

Comments