Potty Training 101

Smiles after a full day of Potty Training {and Chocolate of course!}
I learned a valuable lesson today.  Not that my vote really counts or anything political like that but in raising our daughter.

I learned that she is independent to the max.

I learned that she does not follow any parenting books.

I learned that all my experience with children applies zero to raising her.

I learned chocolate for Little Miss, Mommy, and Daddy is a necessity during potty training!

We tried this whole potty training gig a few weeks ago.  We purchased two little potty seats for the big toilets and were set to go.  I set the timer and insisted she try to go every 20 minutes. 

Tears.

Lots of them resulted.

When she woke up this morning with a dry diaper, I encouraged her to go potty.  This time in her new pink princess potty just her size!  She can take on/off her pants and panties herself and get on/off the potty all by herself so the need for any help is minimal.  She likes it that way.

She did!!

About 20 minutes later, she had an accident in the middle of the living room.  I thought we were going downhill from there...

I learned that when I asked her if she needed to use the potty, despite doing the potty dance, she would deny the urge and hold it.

I learned when I didn't say a word, she would magically stop what she was doing and run to the potty!

After she went, we would cheer and she would get her treat.

Our first full day at potty training is a success in my book!!

One accident this morning.  Accident at nap.  That's it.  TWO accidents on day one!

Success is at the end of the day she is still all smiles and taking on the personal responsibility of going potty.

Miss Independent.

My baby is growing up...

I wonder what day two will hold?!  Hopefully she will venture into the land of pooping in the potty too.

Comments