Polar Opposites

Quick recap-

I have a two year old!?  Oh my goodness!  That's just insane!  More on that in another post.  This one is dedicated to the realization that my husband of 9 years and I are polar opposites.  D'oh.  Don't opposites attract?  :-)

So one of my brothers posted this personality test on Facebook and since insomnia struck me early this morning, I succumb to it.  Then when Charles got up, I made him do it.

That's not the bad part.  The bad part is the Googling that I did to see how "compatible" we are based on our personality results...

Pretty much.  My ESFP and his INTJ are the exact opposites of one another!  "Death spiral" came up several times as well.  Our personalities are generally not able to stand even being in the same room together.

Wow.

But it does make sense as to why our first few years of marriage were complete you-know-what!  Seriously.  Only by the Grace of God and the stubbornness in both of us that we are still married after that should have been honeymoon phase!

You know what I read though?

I read yet another reason to stick it out through thick and thin to prove "science" wrong.  Because I'm all about proving people wrong...

That I am not easily put in a box, though the description does fit me pretty accurately as it does him.

I read that where I am weak, Charles is strong.

Where Charles is weak, I am strong.

Our ESFP and INTJ are a match made in heaven!

Go ahead.  Take the personality test and share with me your results!  Did your significant other take it as well?  How "compatible" are you?  Are we the only opposites attract crazies?  :-)




Comments