Straws

Ever heard the saying "The straw that broke the camel's back"? Yeah. I had my last straw today...

Today happened to also mark 5 full months living in a one bedroom hotel room...

Coincidence?

:-)

We have Jack back on his anxiety pills {though maybe I need to be on them? LOL}, Jill is having another stupid reverse sneeze flair up that first happened after the Bordetella vax, Little Miss has been horribly teething so that equates all things not fun, new long term "neighbors" across the hall have a couple Bichons who yap and scratch at the door like crazy which means Jack and Jill are wearing their bark collars a lot more to keep them quiet which means Little Miss is constantly climbing them to play with the collars which means frustration for all parties involved!, I am sick and tired of the same ole' hotel foods, our usual housekeeper who we LOVE is on FMLA and I don't speak Spanish nor do the English speaking employees take any pride in their job at all, and to summarize someone new thinks it is acceptable to smoke in a non-smoking room again and not take into consideration those that are in non-smoking rooms not only because they do not smoke but because they have allergies to smoke!

THAT was the straw that broke the camel's back today...

I so want to rent a house for a few nights just to act like we live a normal life again. You know, because we're still waiting on God to tell us when to move from center.

So I was ultra thankful today when Little Miss was in a wonderfully happy mood and Charles got off work early so we headed to the park in the almost 70 degree weather. It was beautiful! A fresh dose of Vitamin D that was much needed!

And then I was reminded of Jeremiah 29:10 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." and Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God".

So I have handed my straws back to God because I obviously cannot carry them without breaking and will follow Him as He leads...

Comments

squirrelgirl said…
All I can say is that you are a much stronger woman than I, to live in a hotel room for 5 months with a toddler and 2 dogs. Hang in there, and keep up that positive attitude!
socialite_baby said…
We lived in a hotel on/off for 6 months and it was awful! I definitely feel your pain! We have little barkers too, but the first week we were there we left the bark collar tangled in the sheets, never to be seen again once housekeeping cleaned! It's definitely NOT ideal or fun to live in a hotel. Hopefully you guys can leave soon!