Merry Christmas!

We, just like everyone else I'm sure, are gearing up for Christmas this weekend! All gifts purchased. All gifts wrapped. Felt tree up and decorated. Just missing snow... I have no control over that though. :-)

In the past, I have not been a big baker/cooker with with a little one around to feed my desire to be a good baker/cook has changed! Charles is thankful for this...

Last year I slacked by choosing to be the one holding Little Miss as a tiny two month old and let everyone else do the cooking. :-) This year, I will cook! ...without an oven... For the three of us!

Since the hotel provides dinners Mon-Thurs, we are going to have the first feast Christmas Eve just before heading to church for the Christmas Eve service and leftovers Christmas Day. I'm cheap like that.

I found a no-bake Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe I'll make Friday so it can sit in the fridge overnight and be yummy for our feast beginning Saturday! Friday evening I'll start a potato casserole dish in the crockpot that will cook on low for 10 hours. Saturday early morning I'll put in the turkey breast for the Cranberry-Plum dressed turkey recipe we'll have for "linner" (lunch/dinner). :-)

The hotel kitchen staff is going to throw the Sister Schubert's yeast rolls in the oven for us so we'll have those and I'll make some green beans on the burner.

I really hope everything turns out as it would be the very first time I've made everything, from scratch, myself! Okay, the yeast rolls don't exactly count but I absolutely could not make those from scratch here... not happening. Nope.

I just hope I've planned it all out properly and things go according to plan!!

So in light of our hopefully yummy Christmas feast-

from our family to yours, Merry Christmas!!

Comments