Make up 101

I seriously need some tutoring in the make up department! I suck at it. No dodging that.

I received a promotion package from Mary Kay as apart of the BlogHer program and was sent the new Compact Mini, Shy Blush mineral cheek color, and a beautiful brown eyes bundle that included Silky Caramel, Midnight Star, and Sienna.

The colors are all so beautiful! They feel so smooth and natural. The compact mini is so cool! Very handy and something I could totally carry with me in the midst of diapers, wipes, keys, and phone. :-) You know, the priorities.

I'm about to fully admit my complete makeup niaveness here...

I had, really still have, NO CLUE what to do with the brown eyes bundle?! I have blue eyes... Does this make a difference in application? Or does the brown bundle colors draw different focus despite the blue color of my eyes? Playing with makeup is fun, it's when I actually have to wear it out of the house that I have no clue what I'm doing! haha!

So what makeup tips and tricks can you share with me, the self proclaimed makeup novice?! I don't want to spend more than 3 minutes putting together my face, what little I can tolerate anyways, for fear of Little Miss emptying out the bathroom trash can in that time frame or similar "Mischievous Madelyn" act.

Comments

squirrelgirl said…
Sorry I can't help much because I'm terrible at make-up, too. Can you find a Mary Kay rep in your area to help you out with application?
The Fat Chick said…
So, the eye makeup is brown in color? Here's a quick lesson. Light color on first over entire eyelid. Then a darker color (the darker the more dramatic and darker is more for nighttime) and shade that in from the outside corner of your eye to the middle of your eyelid but only in the crease. (Did they send you special application brushes cuz if they did, those will help) then add mascara.

FYI- brown makeup makes blue eyes pop and vice versa so I think youll look awesome! :)