Homesick

"Home is where the heart is", right?

My heart is here in Missouri with my wonderful husband and adorable daughter. No doubt this. While I've embraced living in Missouri and am venturing more and more out of my comfort zone to do all that I can to make this home, I miss Georgia. Not Georgia like the weather and stuff, I miss what Georgia holds. My family and long time good friends...

I miss the spontaneous meals with our parents. Shopping trips with my mom. Sunday lunches with my dad and Jodi. Lazy afternoons with the in-laws. Awkward moments with my two younger brothers. Get togethers with my friends {and that was before we all had kids! I really miss it now not being able to see their babies grow up!}. I miss visits with my Aunt. I miss the church I grew up in...

And now I'm in tears. :-(

I need a Georgia fix. If only I could get over the anxiety I have of traveling 10 + hours in a car with an infant and two wild dogs... And flying is a no-no in my book with these upped security screenings, I don't want anyone patting down my daughter nor her going thru that full body scan! She doesn't need exposing to all that radiation and having all her body seen for who knows what pervs!

I do believe this is the first time I have actually been "homesick" since moving here in July 2008. Wow. Maybe having a child really did change things more than I expected...

I believe moving away from all I've ever known and us beginning a new life together so far from everyone we knew has been a great thing for us! I wouldn't change that. It's our life and we're embracing that. I just sometimes need to go back "home" and am needing it now... Even though it's so stressful.

I would have thought with all the visits from my mom previously and yet to come, and the anticipation of seeing my dad and Jodi and Charles' parents later this month and next month that I wouldn't get homesick. Is Madelyn still young enough for me to blame hormones??? :-)

Ah, Georgia... I hope to be visiting you soon......

Comments

Holly Rutchik said…
ahw. That is so sad. I too found I miss my hometown way more now that we have kids.
But, traveling long hours in the car is MUCh easier with an infant than with a little kid! Trust me. I say go for it! Get your home fix!
squirrelgirl said…
I agree with Holly - now is the time. It gets harder when the kids are toddlers, are potty training, etc. I don't know what to tell you about the dogs, though.
Ray and Chrissy said…
So unless you had like a titanium knee, hip etc chances are you'd be screened through regular security. We have taken Clara on at least four plane rides and we've never been through a full body scan nor has she been patted down (and neither have we). Travel light and you'll be fine.