Why I love...

Co-sleeping!
I went into pregnancy with this beautiful sleeping arrangement in my mind. You know. The ideal baby sleeps through the night {7pm - 7am} at 2 weeks old. I laugh at myself as I knew no way was this realistic, especially with breastfeeding. I knew I wanted baby close to us, in our room, but I was not a fan at the thought of baby sleeping in the bed with us.
I introduce you to the best of both worlds - The Arms Reach Co sleeper, mini. :-)
I cannot recommend this item more if I tried! I absolutely love it! I love that all I have to do is roll over and I can touch her, pick her up and bring her into bed next to me, lay her down in it after falling back asleep, and yet still have room to get in/out of bed with minimal grunts. :-) Yes, she has spent numerous nights in bed with us sleeping directly under me it seems. I love these moments too...
Charles loves having her nearby as well. He often times wakes at night to barely sit up to look over me to check on Little Miss himself. {Gosh I love that man!} Neither of us see her moving into her own room and crib at night until around 6 months old. We are thoroughly enjoying these sleeping arrangements and see us doing it with all future children.
The pad is a bit hard and uncomfortable for baby so I've put a couple blankets down that she sleeps on top of to soften it a bit for her. It has worked as she sleeps wonderfully in it now, most of the time anyways. :-) It works for us. I will be sad when the day comes and she leaves my side, literally, to sleep in her own crib at night.
By the way- the photo is the exact Arms Reach Co-sleeper Mini that we own and love! Co-sleeping is different from bed sharing where the baby sleeps in the bed with you.

Comments

Melis.sa said…
awesome...

E slept in bed with us until she was 8 months old :) I wish I had a co-sleeper but we had moved so much and the baby stuff was piling up by then. Even now when I get E to take a nap with me ( a rarity) I remember when she was just a baby...

Enjoy it :)
Michele said…
We had this and loved it too.
Anonymous said…
Be prepared to have her in your room for... more like a year ;) If you're anything like me that is, I also love the convenience and comfort of BFing and I have the same co-sleeping bed thing as you do, only home made. 6 months was too early for me :D