Recipe Sharing!

Update- I have made this recipe {several times now} and find it to be delicious!!! Instead of the cocoa, I put in dark chocolate pieces and find it even more delicious! :-) We eat a couple at breakfast or great for a snack or even to satisfy a sweet tooth craving. I just wish Almond Meal was not so expensive... Looking at buying it in bulk to save some money. :-)

Original-

Hello friends! I hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor Day Weekend!!!! I'll be packing but that's for another blog post.

I'm not one to really share recipes but I am so in love with this newest find that I couldn't resist sharing it! :-) Btw- It is South Beach Diet Phase 1 friendly. Although Charles insists next time I add dark chocolate chips to it... haha! That's my sweet tooth husband for ya! :-)

Almond Flaxseed Muffins

2 cups Almond Meal {pricey but worth it}
1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
1/2 cup Splenda {I used another zero calorie sweetener and it was fine}
4 Eggs
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup Canola Oil

Mix all ingredients and divide evenly into well greased 12 muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serves 12.

26.4 g Fat
8.6 g Carbohydrates
277.8 Calories
7.5g Protein

If you try it, let me know what you think! And of course, if you altered it any! :-)

Comments