The update.

I, obviously, was so excited with my last post. We were moving forward, right then. Things were rolling.

I called our new insurance company yesterday to see if I could get a price on the medications. I was told no. They could only give me our co-pay {Responsible for 50% of their allotted costs, whatever that amount is} and that the pharmacy would provide the exact amount when the prescription is filled. I then felt the nudging to verify coverage with the doctor {even though the office kept telling me we were covered}.

Then the news came.

Dr. Ahlering is not a "preferred provider" for our new insurance. :-( I asked to have it verified, again. The address. The name. Everything.

We cannot, nor would we, pay out of pocket for doctors visits when I could just switch to another RE to get the coverage. No matter how much I loved or was moving on.

So I asked if Dr. Pearlstone {the Dr I have had the appointment on Feb. 3 with since back in October!} is a preferred provider. YES! Yes he is! At least that is going for us... Boy am I glad I did not cancel that appointment like Charles was questioning me on!

So good news. 6 days until we get hope that is approved by our insurance company. 6 days until, hopefully, the obsession begins again. 6 days before a new POA is given and the ball gets rolling again. 6 days... I can wait 6 days. That's only a one week wait. :-)

So although it sucks we had to completely halt everything we are excited to at least still have something soon to look forward to. :-) So I'll hopefully have good news to update with in 6 days...

Comments

squirrelgirl said…
Yeah, that stinks - but really, one week isn't so long in the grand scheme of things. Hang in there and remember that good things come to those who wait!
T said…
Bummer about Dr Ahlering...but I have heard great things about Dr Pearlstone. Go do something fun this weekend to get your mind off the wait!
Michele said…
That sucks! I am so sorry to hear that!
Lisa said…
It is so frustrating that our insurance companies have such control over our future!! I hope you like the new guy!!
Jessica said…
I guess this means that we won't be doing IVF together w/ Dr. Ahlering...bummer!!
Sorry things are on hold AGAIN, but I am glad you kept your appointment with Pearlstone. Can't wait to hear what your next step is!!
Hillary said…
Oh no, I'm sorry for the delay! :( But I am so thankful you had that other appointment already lined up. Thinking of you!
TwoDogMama said…
Good luck with your appointment this week, or is tomorrow? We saw Dr. Pearlstone over the summer and loved him. Very serious and to the point (not really warm or fuzzy), but he had really researched our file and spent a long time with us. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.