Lost Stork Foundation, Christmas Update!

I'm working as hard as I can on getting Lost Stork up and helping others! The more stories I hear/read on others who so long for a family yet just cannot afford the big bang $15,000 or heck, even $3,000 gamble on medications or treatments just breaks my heart! So please know that each story I hear is that much more of a motivator to push even harder to get Lost Stork going so these couples have one less concern when it comes to expanding their families... I know it takes one baby step at a time but in those baby steps, it feels the end is so very far away yet when I look back I see how far Lost Stork has already come! That is exciting!

I hope to get some things clarified {needing to contact a lawyer to get this clarified} and then figuring out how to pay for the filing for the 501 (c) 3 status early 2010! I have heard it takes about 6 months to get the awarded documentation.

All this is great yet really is pushing my intended deadline too... You see, I hoped for the kick off annual event to be held in early November 2010 {October is Breast Cancer awareness month and they have events all month long in every city so don't want to 'compete' with them in securing city events.} and with each passing day, that kick off event feels like it becomes less and less attainable...

I get so overwhelmed with all that needs to be done with Lost Stork. It's been a good distraction though and certainly keeping me busy! I'm still so very excited about it {regardless of the amount of paperwork I'm having to keep track of!} and cannot wait to see all the couples who become parents because of Lost Stork!

Not sure really where I was going with this post other than to say I'm so excited {still, with every piece of mail that comes in I do a mini jig right in my kitchen when it is addressed to "Lost Stork Foundation"!} but wish the fun could finally begin! :-)
Of course, and to show off what Lost Stork Foundation got for Christmas from my mom and Ray and my dad and Jodi! :-)
Tote bags... So neat!
Mom, Charles, and myself all have Lost Stork Foundation shirts!!! :-) How neat is that??? I was going to share the photo of us wearing them but it's on my cell and photobucket is being stupid and not accepting my transfers from cell to computer... So that will have to wait and this will have to do. A dirty, wrinkled shirt. But you get the idea, right?? :-)
And a gift card to Staples from Dad and Jodi! So I need to take inventory and stock up on office supplies for Lost Stork so they can bring it up when they come for Christmas since we don't have a Staples here... :-(

I cannot express into words how moved I was to receive these items for Lost Stork Foundation. To know that my parents believe in the cause, that they believe in me for pushing onwards... It just makes me smile and eyes fill with tears from excitement! I feel so small and yet this is one mighty huge task that I know can only be fulfilled with God's help... His moving mountains for me. It's all apart of our story. {Funny story on that to come tomorrow perhaps?? :-) See, I'm doing good at getting everything out there, clearing my brain and looking for thoughts, encouragement, questions, something from you all! :-)}

Comments

Making Babies said…
I can't even begin to say how proud I am of you!!!!
Cathy said…
Oh Meghan how awesome it is to see this taking off :) The items look wonderful and you have to be quite proud to show them off! Rightly so :) You are doing an amazing thing and I just think it's so cool to watch God working through you're life in such a big way.
Melis.sa said…
Love the shirt & the tote!! Praying that all of the paperwork goes smoothly and that you can have the kick off events in November!!
Jessica said…
I can't wait to hear all about this foundation tomorrow!!