Pumpkin!!!

I may have mentioned it before, but I have a slight obsession with Pumpkin. And Fall. And all that encompasses Pumpkin and Fall...

This year is proving to be a bit different since we have limitations thanks to the South Beach Diet {or else I'd probably have already had at least two full pumpkin pies myself...}. So for those of you who also have a slight obsession with Pumpkin and are not on any type of diet, here are some of the many recipes that look absolutely fantastic!!!!

Start the day with some great breakfast Pumpkin meals... Pumpkin Muffins from Ellie Krieger.

Pumpkin Bars thanks to Paula Deen. Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie, again, Thanks Paula Deen! Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle, so maybe Paula Deen is my new favorite person for using Pumpkin so much! I know I'll certainly be needing some type of "adult beverage" over Thanksgiving so why not add it to some Pumpkin??? Pumpkin Rum Pie. Again. Paula Deen! Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes, just recently learned about Gooey Butter while here in Missouri and man do I love them!!! Paula Deen's recipe sure looks good for this... Pumpkin Cheesecake. Two of my favorites, combined! How is this not to love??? Paula Deen sure knows how to cook... :-) And if you want to try another version thanks to Food Network Magazine, Almost Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake looks delicious too!!!

I must admit, although I have a slight love obsession with Pumpkin, I do not believe I have had Pumpkin in any other foods than dessert... I think I will make this Rachel Ray recipe of Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta. Looks good huh??? And Paula Deen comes thru again with a main course Pumpkin meal... Pumpkin Baked Ziti! Rachel Ray seems to be winner in the main course section with this BBQ Spiced Chicken, Salsa Salad and Pumpkin-Chipotle Polenta. {Although, a bit much work for my liking...} This Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup from Rachel Ray is either amazing or absolutely horrible! I love these two but never thought of them together... Leave it to Giada De Laurentiis to throw this together, Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage and Toasted Hazelnuts.

And back to desserts... :-) The best! Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cakes. Barefoot Contessa's Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits are so pretty! Although, I'm not a big fan of gelatin... Pumpkin Seed Brittle from Alton Brown. I'm not sure. Never been crazy about Brittles. Am I crazy? Pumpkin Pie with Almond Spiced Whipped Cream, another looks like a must have thanks to Rachel Ray!

How about anytime snacks or appetizers?? Bobby Flay from Boy Meets Grill has a Spicy Pumpkin Seeds recipe that looks delicious! If Spicy is not your thing, Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds from Sandra Lee oh how yummy! Pumpkin Bread, such a classic, by Alton Brown. Pumpkin Seed Salsa from Emeril is another one of those, fantastic or complete bust!

And now that an entire post has been dedicated to Pumpkin, go try a recipe but be sure to tell me all about it!!!!! :-)

Comments

Making Babies said…
I remember my first (and only) Thanks giving in the USA. I LOVED Pumpkin Pie. YUMMY!! I so need to try and make it myself. I wonder if it would be the same???