Looking for thoughts/stories, please!

After further testing and such, the new Dr. has decided that he wants to put me on Heparin injections twice a day. I am not sure if this is only when trying or if once pregnancy has been confirmed. Need clarification.

He then immediately took a breath and said, "Have we given Baby Aspirin a chance yet?" I said, NO. That this was actually my first full cycle on Baby Aspirin... He said, "Heaven forbid you miscarry though..." Yes. His thoughts lingered.

I have not had a real chance to completely process all this. I mean. I kind of prepared myself to come to this but I thought for sure it would be after we had given the Baby Aspirin a fighting chance.

Then again.

What if we did end up pg... And we miscarried... Would I be able to forgive myself for not doing everything humanly possible??? I mean. I have a known blood clotting disorder. MTHFR C667T. We know this. It is not a suspicion. It is a fact.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had any stories to share... Baby Aspirin or Heparin???

Comments

Melis.sa said…
My RE has everyone take baby aspirin while undergoing treatment at the clinic. My SIL who has MTHFR was put on a megadose of folic acid and baby aspirin for her last two pregnancies.

With the Factor V my RE said she may put me on Heparin if i get pregnant again.

I know that doesn't really help, just sort of saying what i'm doing ? :)
Michele said…
Have you read "To Full Term"? The woman has IC (which is why I read the book) but also Factor V and she discusses heparin at length. It is well worth the read.