Rental house nightmare!!!

Today is supposed to be perfect. A day I've been looking forward to pretty much since I moved here in July. The days my mom and dad come to visit! Dad and Jodi have been here so it's mom and Ray's turn! Let's rewind before I jump too into the story though.

First. This was going to be even better and Daniel was to join but nooooooooooooo. He's got more important things to do... *It's okay. I love you anyways.*

Secondly. Last night, all is going well. Nothing out of the ordinary. We go to bed. Jack's walking up and down the stairs driving us crazy. Off to dream land we drift...

I woke up this morning and headed to the laundry room to turn on the dryer again so I can pull out my clothes as I'm too lazy to iron. When I open the door, there is brown stuff in like a huge circle around the drain. I called Charles down and told him I think the laundry room was flooded at one point. he agrees as it is even still wet.

We continue on.

After breakfast, I go to the bathroom. When I flushed the toilet, Charles went running to the laundry room as he thought he heard something. Sure enough. We have an even bigger wet area and this time, with fresh standing water. Lovely.

Charles calls our landlord. While he is trying to explain the standing water and figure out where it is coming from I am frantically trying to get all my Christmas boxes out as the water is growing. It's now about one foot from reaching opposite side walls. After playing the guessing game for about 20 minutes, the conclusion comes.

The water is from the main drain of the house. Yep. The sewer pump. We have poop water sitting in our laundry room!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom and Ray are to be arriving in about three hours and um, we cannot use ANY water. No bathrooms. No showers. No brushing of teeth. No NOTHING! :-( So. Let's just say that I stink and have very bad morning breath! What a way to greet someone I have not seen in awhile...

Shall I add that this house has been a nightmare. It has been one thing after another... Thankfully. We DO have a landlord that is pretty responsive and fixes things pretty quickly. That is a good thing.

I guess this is one of the many aspects of life. Sliding glass doors let water in to flood the carpet in front of it. Sewers backup for whatever reason. The dishwasher is crap so you have to wash the dishes before actually washing them. There is this annoying dripping sound that you can hear oh so clear standing in our bedroom or bathroom. No clue where it is coming from.

BUT. on the contrary. I do have a roof over my head. Nothing, that we can tell, has been ruined from this incident. And lastly, the appropriate attention has been given today by our landlord... Oh the wonders and joys. Want to see photos??? Nah.

Comments