Encouragement.

In the midst of my cleaning I came across this card given to be December 11, 1999 by some dear family friends. They entered my family's life while they were in the midst of creating their family through the miracle of adoption. Their story inspiries me. Always has. Always will.

The card came as a "Thank You" after watching their two miracle children for an extended weekend. And it goes...

"...We pray that your prayer to be a mommy will one day be answered. You will make a terrific mom. Just wait on the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 31:14 He did me!!..."

Again. This card was written in 1999!!!! I had not even met my wonderful husband yet! Way back when, I was not thinking about being a mommy. I was just thinking about the love and enjoyment I got with caring for children of all ages. Yes, I secretly did have the fear that I would never be able to have children... Until just now and re-reading this card, I think perhaps my heart has been conditioned for this journey that we've been riding.

And at that... I must get back to cleaning! This month is a busy time for visitors and well, my house needs to be clean! LOL Just a thought to ponder! :-)

Comments