Visit to Georgia

I'm back and recovered but not that there was much to "recover" from other than the total lack of sleep! It was great visiting with my family... Although it's only been a few months (3 months and a couple days to be exact) it was great to see everyone! The flight in was good, other than the pilot putting on the breaks in the AIR and then totally slamming on the breaks once on the run way. We all ended up eating the chairs in front of us from that one. So, on the plane, I sat in the first row behind first class. I wasn't good enough for first class on this flight. In the last row, opposite side of the plane sat a guy whom I thought looked an awful lot like Ben Affleck. Yes, I thought I was sitting within spitting (not that I'd spit on him) distance of a celebrity! I never said anything. Like to continue believing this. ;-) Got off the plane and was met by my dad. I spent the first 1 1/2 days with my dad, Jodi, and brothers. yes, I managed to see ALL my brothers! :-)

Friday afternoon I was then picked up by my mom after work and spent the next 24 hours with her until I had to be back at the airport to head home to my lovely husband who had to work instead of come with me! It was a great visit!

In the midst of all this, I saw Alex, Caleb and Cole Thursday night. Friday night Chris, Alice, and the girls came down to my mom's for a lovely visit and Saturday I saw Nicki and Kirby and Devin and Colin. In such a short amount of time, all these kids have grown so much!!!!

One thing I learned... Although I pretty much grew up there and my family is ALL there, home is where your heart is and my heart was in Missouri with my husband.

I'm working on getting pics up and will post when I do! :-)

Comments