Relaxing...

I'm just curious. How does one "relax" when they are trying so desperately hard for something??? What exactly does "relax" mean??? Does it mean to give up all hope? Wouldn't that be one negative way to look at a situation?? And if that's the case, why do so many people tell you to "think positive" which in essense, tells you to have hope. Relax... Is it to no longer look at cute little onsies that say "Who needs Santa, I've got Grandparents!" or "New in Town" with cute little baby feet on it, or how about one that looks like a gift wrap with a tag that says, "Mom and Dad's best present ever!". To drink more "adult" beverages without worry of where you are in a cycle? To take Motrin at free will? To not worry about taking all the proper vitamins and Folic Acid? What a thought. No longer popping more pills than a 90 year old person and throwing away the daily pill-popper-reminder? To plan vacations without thinking how far along you may be pregnant at that time? To get x-rays without a second thought that you could be hurting your little baby trying to grow inside you? "Relax." "Don't worry about it." "It'll Happen when it's meant to."

I'm just curious as to what RELAX means to those who throw it around so freely as a suggestion to those of us so desperately wanting to conceive a child!!!! Please, do share what your definition is... I mean, really. How does one who's heart has been so given to having a baby to call their own, to hear those words, "Mommy, I love you" just turn it all off and go about their lives as normal? To forget about all those feelings? To go out to eat, or wait, any public place in general and it seems like everyone BUT you is either pregnant or has a kid (or few) in tow and not have one single heartache to have the same thing. To never walk by or thru the baby section of any store without touching, smelling, and dreaming of buying these same items for YOUR baby. Not just to buy them and send it off to friends or family who are blessed with a child, but to actually keep them in your home for your baby that's on the way. Now tell me, HOW DOES ONE JUST...RELAX??????

Onto other things...

I just finished reading the book, "The Shack" by WM. Paul Young. Yes, I would highly suggest you reading it. :-)

Two quotes that I wanted to share from this book.

On Relationships...
"Each relationship between two persons is absolutely unique. That is why you cannot love two people the same. It simply is not possible. You love each person differently because of who they are and the uniqueness that they draw out of you. And the more you know another, the richer the colors of that relationship."

On forgiveness...
"Son, you may have to declare your forgiveness a hundred times the first day and the second day, but the third day will be less and each day after, until one day you will realize that you have forgiven completely. And then one day you will pray for his wholeness and give him over to me so that my love will burn from his life every vestige corruption. As incomprehensible as it sounds at the moment, you may well know this man in a different context one day."

Take from those what you wish. :-) When I read the book again, yes, already planning on doing so once a couple of people from my work read it, I am sure other quotes will be shared as well. Until then, go read the book! ...with a box of tissues!

Comments

Making Babies said…
Girl, I think you nailed it on the head... this whole "relaxing" business.... True I've been relaxing, but by that... I mean I didn't temp this cycle or last.... My mind and heart is still constantly wanting our BFP... that switch isn't turned off that easily!!! :)
Anonymous said…
Meghan, My heart is breaking! People tell you to relax because we dont know how to take the pain away. I don't know how to tell you to not lose faith. I don't know why. But I DO know you WILL be a mommie. I know it seems lame to say that, but I will trust for you because I know it's hard for you to do that at this time. I love you Meghan Ann. mama
The Swann's said…
Oh mom. I know you'll keep hope for me and remind me of that hope all the time! :-) My biggest fan, right?? haha! And that's what mom's are for... I love you mom!