''Pilobolus'' AND Dreams

Just a neat video sent to me by my mom. Pretty neat!


"A Dream is a wish your heart makes" ~ Cinderella

Dreams... What do you make of dreams? Thoughts and ideas that encompass one's day and how to accomplish, how to get others excited, to even say anything. Do you follow your dreams? I know, watch the Last Lecture and as Randy Pausch says, "The brick walls are there for reason. Alright. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to SHOW how badly we want something. Becuase the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. The brick walls are there to stop the other people..."

In saying that, I believe I have always been a dreamer. I want to save the world... One child at a time. My dreams have evolved as I've grown but yet they all continue down the same path, to help others. To help others has been the basic of my dreams. The second basis envolves kids. About 10 years ago, I had a dream of opening an Adoption Agency. THIS is what kept my butt in school, learning all that I could in the name of the future Adoption Agency.

While my dream of opening an Adoption Agency is still alive and growing, I have since added another dream to my over flowing head of mine. This one came about after being diagnosed with PCOS and the reality of my ability to have children, biologically, hit me. I want to be apart of Educating and Supporting others who are going through the same journey I am. No matter the diagnosis, no matter the number of children if already had, it's all the same heart ache journey that we are on with the same goal of having a child. I dream of being apart of an organization that does just this. I dream of giving away a free IUI and IVF from beginning to end and perhaps even something so many take for granted like HSG or CD 3 u/s or b/w... Scholarships that can be used no matter where the couple currently sits on their journey as long as it is to be used to be one step closer to holding their baby(ies) in their arms to forever love and care for.

I dream and hope that every couple who has ever dreamed of having a child(ren) will indeed have their dreams come true. We're still waiting for our dream to come true but know that it will. As Randy Pausch asks, "What are your childhood dreams??" I am curious. How many of you have written out your dreams and hope to one day put that check mark for completion next to it?

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture, Full


Randy Pausch's Last Lecture, The highlights


Originally posted at 12:30pm and edited at 5:40pm with the update from the phone call I just recieved from Head Start's Youth In Need telling me that they had hired someone else but that they would love to keep my application and resume' on file at the home office... Yeah, yeah, yeah. All protocol stuff. :-(

Comments