Another new Doctor

The last 21 months {aka since Charles' work injury} have been spent in various offices... He's been to Primary Care Doctors, ENTs, Oto-neurologist, Audiologists, acupuncturist, massage therapist, Neurologists, Holistic Dentist, and Craniosacral Therapist. I'm sure I've left out a Doctor or two. We've traveled hours from home for some to half across the country for others, literally. All in the search for healing to no avail, unfortunately.

Today, we walked into a new Doctor's office. One I never wanted to step foot into.

Oncologist.

While we left with some answers and some relief that he doesn't have major malignant diseases, questions are still waiting for answers. A couple still scary diseases are waiting to be ruled out. More labs were done. Another two weeks to wait for more answers. Probably more questions then too.

While it sucks for him to live day in and day out dizzy with migraines regularly and other miserable symptoms, at least he is here with us. So what if his quality of life stinks most of the time. At least the girls know their dad. At least he is apart of our lives. At least I can crawl into bed snuggled next to him.

The big "C" word. That's scary. I have only let myself "go there" a couple times.

Unfortunately, he's not the only one with a lingering health concern out there...

I've got my own concern. My GYN suspects the chemical pregnancy + breastfeeding + PCOS has my hormones all wacked out and that's the real underlying problem. She said to be safe though, she wants to do an endometrial biopsy and ultrasound to "rule out anything scary".

I catch myself drifting to the "what ifs" as I'm nursing Little Sister to sleep and simultaneously humming the same tune over and over again for Little Miss to drift into dreamland. Before the "what ifs" turn me into a blubbering mess, I turn my "what ifs" into prayers over them. I know none of this has caught the Lord by surprise, regardless of the outcome. I know it is all apart of His plan, regardless of the outcome. I pray for peace, regardless of the outcome.

Please keep us both in your prayers over these next couple of weeks as we {hopefully} get some definitive answers.





Comments