To be INTENTIONAL

Apparently my one word for 2015 is a "thing". I thought I was being all unique forgoing a list of resolutions that I wouldn't fulfill and instead focusing on one character trait. Nonetheless...

Intentional.

That's my one word for 2015. Be an intentional wife. An intentional mother. An intentional daughter, sister, friend. Be intentional about my health and taking care of myself. Intentionally seeking the Lord. Just living life intentionally.

It's hard to break old habits...

This last year and a half has been the hardest in our 11 and a half years of marriage. Charles had his struggles with learning to function while dizzy thanks to his work injury. I was pregnant/had a newborn and juggling a toddler too. We were very much in Survival mode. That's the phrase for 2013-2014. Literally, I am thankful we all survived to welcome 2015. It was THAT bad that it almost wasn't so. Watching the person you love go through severe depression is hard stuff.

I withdrew from many family and friends. I could not emotionally handle any one else's issues, I had more than I could handle. Thank the Lord He was carrying the load for me! Looking back, I feel guilty for being selfish and withdrawing. So many loved ones were going through tough times and I wasn't there.

I was Facebook messaging with one of my cousins a couple days ago when it hit me, My aha moment! "What am I doing? I'm going to let Fiona out and call you" was my very next reply to her. Such a habit of being superficial behind a technology screen. I called her and had the best 1.5 hour long conversation! I laughed so hard, gosh I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard... My cheeks hurt from laughing. That's good stuff folks!

Being intentional means breaking old "easy" habits. Difficult to do, but totally worth it!

Comments