New Birthday Thoughts.

Tomorrow I will officially be 26. No longer half my dad's age, well, until I turn 50 and he 100. :-) The number that has haunted me for the four years it took us to get pregnant. I did not want to turn 25 without being a mommy but ultimately, I did not want to say goodbye to 25 without being a mommy...

Last year, I made a comment on gladly holding our baby in my womb and that I am! It feels different this year. I really feel indifferent about my birthday itself. This year it has not become another reminder on me getting older and closer to that 28 mark where fertility {is supposed to} first begins falling. This year, although I will be spending the majority of the day alone while Charles works, I will have baby {who has as of this week began to make him/herself known to me!} to keep me company as I veg out doing whatever I want. I am okay with this.

Perspectives have changed. Priorities have changed. Life has {already} changed! Everything seems so trivial now as long as baby, Charles, and I are great! :-) Things that once would stress us out just fall to the floor like a feather as they do not really matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm loving this new relaxed life we are leading and hope it stays once baby does come!

So tomorrow, I will make the Stouffer's Lasagna and Mrs. Smith's Cherry Pie with vanilla ice cream that I was craving earlier this week in hopes of it still tasting good {and hopefully the ice cream won't torment my tummy} and staying down for the day! :-)

Happy 26th Birthday to Me {tomorrow}!

Comments

TwoDogMama said…
Happy Birthday Meaghan! Glad to hear you and the baby are doing well. Enjoy your lasagna, pie, and time to yourself. I will say that 25 was a hard age for me and I was not even thinking about babies/pregnancy at that time. I did have a goal in mind and that was to have a baby by the time I was 30, but oh well. I'll be 31 when the little one arrives and like you said in the big scheme of life, does it matter? No. We too are experiencing much more peacefulness and a relaxed atmosphere around here and I love it. Now only if it would stay that way!
mom said…
Now you are half of my age! that is until September when I turn 53. I ate watermelon today remembering how badly I craved it most of the time I was pregnant with you. Happy Birthday Meghan Ann! I love you!
squirrelgirl said…
Happy Birthday! What a wonderful birthday present - to feel the gift of life growing inside you.
MamaT said…
Happy birthday! If it's any consolation, for us who have PCOS, age seems to improve fertility :) The 30's are supposed to be better than the 20's and this is the case for me. I am 33 and I ovulate much more often than I did in my early 20's. Then I would ovulate twice a year, now I ovulate at around day 25 of my cylce, around 9-10 times a year. I have 2 children conceived naturally, just using OPKs. Wishing you a HH9M!
Anonymous said…
I am one day older than you!!

Happy Birthday my almost birthday twin!